Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Great Fire Pit Fiasco of 2011

My kids have been asking to go camping since at least February. Snow was still on the ground. Finally, I figured out that they really didn't care about camping, but, the little pyromaniacs just wanted a campfire to roast marshmallows (i.e. burn stuff) in.

I don't love camping, so I thought it would be great if we could have a campfire at home. My sweet husband who loves his girls so much volunteered to build a fire pit. Ohhhh, I was so excited. I had visions of this in my head:


We would look just like that cute family! I mean, we already have the same kind of dog and everything!!! We would make yummy s'mores, no one would get in a fight, we would be the perfect family and nothing would get severely burned around this beauty:

Source: hgtv.com via Amanda on Pinterest


Maybe we could even get a pool!!

Source: google.com via Erica on Pinterest


And a huge, beautiful house!

Source: houzz.com via Casey on Pinterest


Look...here we are assembling our delicious grilled dinner:


Just kidding! Here's what I got:


Basically a hole in the ground that fills up with water everytime the sprinklers come on or it rains. It did not stop the kiddos and Big K from burning lots of stuff though!

Wait till next week when I show you how we remedied this situation and made a real fire pit. See you then!

4 comments:

susan chelec said...

ha! adorable! --i think it looks great! you could always make it into a koi pond too :)

Jen said...

I'll be over tonight to roast hot dogs. :)

Can't wait to see the finished project!

g's creations said...

this post makes me laugh! Can't wait to see how you fixed the situation!

J Thax said...

Suzy, you are hilarious! Love it.