Tuesday, July 19, 2011

K's Room Inspiration

Remember:  I'm hosting my first linky party on Thursday.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you have been working on.  Please join the party on Thursday.

I can't show you any pictures of my house right now because it is in complete chaos.  I have a bunch of half-finished projects plus I've been having so much fun hanging out with the kids, that cleaning has definitely taken a back seat this summer.

So, instead of showing you anything in my house, I will show you some pretty pictures that serve as the inspiration for K's room.  She wants it to be blue and green and we already have the desk:

Without further ado, here's some blue and green inspiration:


These canvasses would be an easy DIY-project.

Here's another project I could  do, my 9-year old could probably help make it too:

Source: bhg.com via Suzanne on Pinterest


More chevron love:


I have always wanted to attempt an upholstered headboard.  How about this one?



My daughter likes all of the pattern here:



I prefer the more subtle and am dying over the striped curtains:



This just looks so crisp and clean to me:







After revisiting all of these photos, I think I'm in love with this color scheme: blue, green, and white.  How about you?

5 comments:

Oksana said...

Suzy, this is a beautiful colour scheme. I adore the images you have chosen. I especially like the girls' bedroom with the butterflies on the wall. I have seen that image before and admired it too. Found you through one of the other blogs...
Oksana @ www.ordermatters.com/blog

Holly Gruszka said...

My FAVORITE colors together - I'm hoping my daughter likes these colors when she gets older as well. I really love the headboard and striped curtains - do you think you'll try to do those yourself? I love that your daughter is so involved with choosing the inspirations too - how fun!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Great photos! I'm a huge fan of this color scheme. I adore the striped curtains. Had it saved in Evernote, but pinned it from here just now.

A room with a view said...

You know I will say yes to this color scheme (because of my post yesterday)! It will look amazing, I am sure.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

LOVE these colors...and that one with the wavy art above the bed is amazing...feeling super inspired! (c: