Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mood Board Monday Challenge - THIS MONDAY!

Hi!  I hope you are having a good weekend.  We've been busy with gymnastics meets and soccer games.  Our town also hosts its annual "Fall Fest" this weekend.  So, we've been outdoors enjoying some of the beautiful fall weather.

As I was browsing through my Google Reader full of my favorite blogs, I came across a post about "Mood Board Mondays."  This is a linky party hosted by Pewter and Sage.  You can link up a mood board you created based on an element chosen by the hostess.  The element this week is wallpaper.  Head over to Pewter and Sage, where she has chosen 4 wallpaper designs to get you started on creating a moodboard.

Here's the wallpaper I chose:
I like the geometric pattern and also the fact that it is so muted.  Think of all of the bright colors that could be used OR the I think it could make a beautiful, elegant and serene bedroom.  Guess what I'm going to do???

Tune in Monday to see my very first ever moodboard that I will be linking to the party.   I'm kind of nervous to showcase my nearly non-existant design skills, but that's not stopping me!

 I think the party sounds like a lot of fun and encourage YOU to design a board too.  The party goes down Monday at Pewter and Sage.  And, if you are like me and have no idea how to start a board, head over to Olioboard.  I just was playing around on the site.  It's super-easy and fun to design a room!

3 comments:

Holly Gruszka said...

Woo hoo - so excited! And so excited to see what you come up with. The one that you chose to use is probably the most "me" but I wanted to try something different. It'll be fun to see what everyone comes up with. I'm anxious to get some constructive feedback on what I chose - but you know what's fun is that everyone's boards will be different and it's all about the way YOU envision something coming to life - so don't be nervous :) Knowing you it will be FANTABULOUS!

Sarah said...

Hi, Suzy!! So awesome to "meet" you and yay for Holly for bringing you over!! So excited to have you join us tomorrow for the mood board party. And thank you so much for posting about it! I'm having a tough time finishing mine up, I'm working on it now while my daughter's napping...I chose something really out of my comfort zone, so we'll see:) Can't wait to see what you come up with (I think you're going for the soft, serene bedroom!), thanks again for participating!!

Gloria Fox said...

Sound like fun! Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to see what you come up with.