Friday, June 29, 2012

Sweet Summertime Pictures

My friend Lisa at Shine Your Light is hosting a linky party every Friday where you can share pictures of your summer.  I thought this would be a great reminder to take pictures of my family (instead of only photographing my projects!) and to document what we've been up to this summer.

Since temps have been 100+ degrees here in Colorado, staying cool has been a priority.  That means playing in the water whenever and wherever we can.

We swim almost every day at our local rec center.  This summer Mary has mastered swimming underwater.

The yard sprinklers provided some after dinner fun one night this week.

Chloe has been at a soccer camp at a local college.  After camp on Thursday, we saw some girls in the college fountain, so my girls had to give it a shot too.

The most unique thing that has happened this summer, is that we have been adopted by two wild pigeons.  They showed up a few weeks ago and perched outside of the windows.  They would follow us around the house, spying on us from each room's windows.  The girls have named them Larry and Lubirda and have trained them to sit on their heads and arms.  At first, I thought the pigeons were a nuisance and I tried to shoo them away from our house whenever I saw them.  But, they've grown on me and I've even let Larry sit on my hand a few times.  I had to draw the line this morning when Larry tried to fly in to the house.  Can you believe they know how to use the doggy door to get into the garage?!?!?

3 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Playing in all that water looks like the perfect answer to our blazing heat! I had no idea pigeons were so overly friendly! Have a great weekend!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Your summer looks like tons of fun so far, Suzy! How crazy is that about the pigeons? I can't believe they follow you around and sit on your arm (or head, as the case may be!) That is wild!!!
Thanks for joining me this week…..I needed to do this weekly party to remember to take pictures of the REAL things happening around here….not just the home decor and food! :) Happy weekend my friend.

Crazy Wonderful said...

Great summer pics :) Those are some crazy pigeons! Good luck with the doggie door!